At Coastal Health Partners, we are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized nephrology care through collaboration with other health care professionals in our community. Nephrologists specialize in kidney care, including the treatment of chronic kidney disease (CKD), end stage renal disease (ESRD), acute kidney injury (AKI) and kidney transplantation.
Early referral of chronic kidney disease patients may offer many advantages. In addition to beginning the process of education and preparation for renal replacement therapy, benefits may include:
- Diagnostic testing to determine potentially reversible causes of renal failure
- Treatments to preserve remaining renal function, including good control of blood pressure, glucose control in diabetic patients, nutritional guidance and avoidance of nephrotoxic medications
- Potential preservation of upper extremity vessels for placement of a vascular access for hemodialysis
- Treatment of anemia with red blood cell producing medication, or erythropoietin, may improve your quality of life
- Treatment of hyperparathyroidism with phosphate binders and calcium medication (calcitriol)
- A partnership with a multidisciplinary team consisting of a nephrologist, renal dietitian, dialysis nurse, social worker and financial counselor to establish treatment plans and develop financial support
For more information or to make an appointment, please call: 1-844-8COASTAL (1-844-826-2782)
Meet our Nephrologist:
Bakhtar, Omid, D.O.